Vidoori is looking for our next Account Manager super star to join our Business Development team. This role exists to fuel our growth engine.
A business development account manager oversees developing strategies to identify new business and client opportunities, ensuring sales growth and customer satisfaction. They typically perform research and analysis to gather data, coordinate with analysts and experts, produce sales and progress reports, and maintain records of all transactions. Furthermore, a business development account manager must build positive relationships with clients and secure sales by reaching out to customers through calls, correspondence, or appointments. They may offer products and services, process payments, and handle inquiries or concerns.
The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work well with all levels of the organization, understand and execute a client go to market process, understand and execute a sales opportunity lifecycle, be able to work in a matrixed environment, understand the importance and intent of driving company growth, track and progress sales opportunities in a CRM system, and communicate status (written and verbal) to all stakeholders.
Experience working with an IT firm that does federal government contracting is required. Intimate knowledge of federal government clients – how they acquire services and products, their mission (expectations) and how they intend to meet it, and how to connect with all levels of the organization. Business development account managers are primarily responsible for driving business growth, and duties vary on a day-to-day basis.
7+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Creating development plans and forecasting sales targets and growth projections
- Identifying market opportunities through meetings, conferences, networking and other channels
- Meeting existing and potential clients and building positive relationships
- Liaising with colleagues to develop sales and marketing strategies
- Preparing financial projections and sales targets
- Attending events such as exhibitions and conferences
- Preparing sales presentations and participating in sales meetings
- Producing reports for management
- Training business developers and sales colleagues
- Working in a client’s business or in an office.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.